If you let your ego get bigger than your love for your partner, the relationship will crumble. Never let your ego stand between you and your partner. Always apologize first, no matter who is wrong or right in the relationship....
Eventually, you will have to outgrow certain things that prevent you from making progress. Things that falls within your circle of concern. They appear as though they are out of your control; keeping you captive of your very own mental design. A successful life is one unapologetically free of worries and concerns. A life geared towards attaining positive outcomes. Positivity promotes growth. Growth occurs when you accept the fact that you will never understand everything and let go of things you can’t change or control and focus more on what you can actually make an impact in.
Take a look below at five (5) things to outgrow to live a successful life;
1) Self-doubt: The truth is, not everything you perceive is true. Negative thoughts come to us all, it is mandatory that you weed out thoughts that sabotage the mental system (self-doubt). Self-doubt is a virus. Its aim is to make you deviate from the guidance of your intuition; suppressing the little voice of you inner guidance. To live a successful life, you have to live life on your terms. Make no room for doubt, it is a liar.
2) Negative thinking: Thoughts are pictures of the mind that have constructive or destructive possibilities and have powers with emotion; they affect emotion. Positive thoughts have constructive powers while negative thoughts have destructive powers. How you manage your thoughts determine how your life will go. Negativity brings failure. No good thing was ever accomplished from a negative thought. It invites the spirit of fear. Weed out thoughts that sabotages.
3) Fear of failure: Nothing is to be feared, only to be understood. The fear of failure is what keeps most people captive of their own making. This prevents them from taking a chance; making progress. The fear that your plan won’t succeed prevents you from taking critical actions that will provide positive results. If you are scared to fail, you won’t get very far. Failure is part of the lesson. It shows you the loopholes and ways to try again in a different way to achieve a positive result. If you learn from failure, then you haven’t really lost. Take a chance with the right positive mental attitude. Don’t be scared to fail.
4) Criticizing others: The honest truth is; nobody is perfect. We all at one point or the other fall short of others expectation of us. We make mistakes, we learn. Nobody is perfect. Seeing from this perspective gives one an insight on how to also deal with the shortcomings of others. The same way we make mistakes, that is how other make mistakes too. Pointing fingers at others because they don’t meet the expectations you have of them is an error on your part. Don’t judge others because we all have our shortcomings.
5) People pleasing: Trying to please everybody does more harm than good. You can’t always meet the expectations others have of you. You may at one point or the other renege on the promise you tried so hard not to break. They might feel bad that you didn’t live up to your own end of the bargain. But, don’t let that paint a false image that you are a horrible person. Don’t let the concerns of other deter you from being a good person. Do the best you can without feeling sorry for yourself.
Thanks for reading.