4 Ways to Stop Negative Thinking

4 Ways to Stop Negative Thinking

Health is not only just about the things you eat. It’s also about the things you think and say. The things you think and say to yourself can either liberate you or keep you in bondage. The thoughts you choose to allow are the thoughts that will affect you. You can’t achieve positive results with a negative mindset. Old ways won’t open new doors. Reality is created by the mind. You can change your reality by changing your mind. Recreate yourself by forging a new identity through the power of a renewed mind. Thoughts held in the mind produces after their kind. Think positive thoughts and they will produce positive results.

Take a look at four (4) ways to stop negative thinking;

1) Change your perspective: What you see in very important. If you see yourself as a victim, you will always fall victim of circumstances. You start experiencing failures, disappointments, bad breaks etc. On the other hand, if you always see yourself as a victor, you will triumph over any situation you find yourself. Challenges then becomes stepping stones for you to achieve greater height. You can’t win in life if you are losing in your mind. You are not the victim. Change your perspective. Forge a new perspective. You are the victor. You will always triumph over any situation you find yourself.

2) Speak the right words: Words are more powerful than you realize. Words have extensive and creative powers. You will be held accountable for the words you speak. The words you speak can uplift you and it can also bring you down. By your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned. Reprogram you mind to always see the good in every situation by speaking forth the things you wish to see in reality. Whatever situation you find yourself, don’t utter negative words about the situation. Sometimes people say things without thinking. The fact that you do not seriously mean what you say about your situation do not negate the effectiveness of the spoken words. On the other hand, it does not release you from being held accountable. Stop negative thinking by speaking the right words. 

 

3) Change your attitude: You are a reflection of your thoughts. A sad person with a negative mindset can’t stand in front of a mirror expecting to see a happy face. Most times, it is easy for people to act in a negative way when faced with difficult challenges. Life is only ten percent (10%) of what happens to you, the remaining ninety percent (90%) is based on your reaction to events about you. Your attitude is everything. Your attitude declares your conviction. How you act is a clear proof of what you believe in. No matter the situation you face in life, do not conform to it. Don’t let negative thoughts make you act in a negative way. Always respond in a positive manner. Learn to let go of the things you can’t change or control (circle of concern) and focus on the things you have control over (circle of influence). 

 

SEE: 3 Things You Can Control

4) Always be grateful: Do you always get angry when things don’t go the way you plan? Most times, it is easy for one to get frustrated when things don’t go the way one originally planned. Life is a blessing. We can only experience life’s manifold blessings when we are grateful for all that it offers. Grateful when things go your way, and also grateful when things don’t go your way. By doing so, you are making yourself an irresistible magnet attracting everything good your way. A grateful heart can’t harbor negative thoughts. Always be grateful. 

Thanks for reading. 

SEE ALSO: 4 THINGS THAT BLOCKS YOUR HAPPINESS

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
0 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments