Every time you tell yourself “I can’t”, you are setting your limits. There are no limits within the mind. If they exist, you are probably the one that created them for yourself. You have the power to do more than you believe you are capable of doing. Self-affirmation is the key to strengthening your willpower. It will help you develop self-control. Guard your mind against negative thoughts. They are detrimental and can do more harm than good. They will hinder you from making clear-cut decisions, thereby weakening your willpower. Whatever you give power to, has power over you. Take back your power. Take control.
Take a look at five (5) ways to strengthen your willpower;
1) One step at a time: Sometimes it’s easy to embrace hopelessness when things seem insurmountable. It could make you give in to your fears when they don’t go the way you planned. The fear of failing a second time could make you take no action. Don’t limit yourself by taking no action. Take it one step at a time. Learn to be patient with yourself when trying again. This will gradually build your self-control; making you more resistant to negative thoughts. Life is a journey and all we have is “here” and “now”. Take life one step at a time. You have the power to keep making progress despite difficult challenges.
2) Learn how to manage challenges: Your ability to stay calm during the storm is a true test of your willpower. You can’t calm the storm, so stop trying. What you can do is calm yourself. The storm will pass. A powerful will is never forceful. It is deep, continuous and persistent. It will keep driving until it achieves its aim. Don’t be disturbed by the waves of the ocean, keep sailing. You will become stronger with every step you take towards your fears. Action diminishes fears. Don’t let challenges hinder you from making progress. Your ability to keep moving forward strengthens your willpower.
3) Encourage yourself to stick to the plan: You are your greatest supporter. No one knows you better than you know yourself. When life hits hard, you are the one that usually takes the punches. Pick yourself back up when you fall down to the ground. Whenever you find yourself swerving from the plan, always encourage yourself to stay back on track. Be consistent with your plan. This will provide an avenue for more opportunities. Don’t feel despondent and give up when things don’t work out as planned. Stick to the plan despite opposing forces; for they are the stepping stones you require to get to the next level.
4) Learn to rest when tired: If you get tired, learn to rest, not quit. Get more sleep to help your brain manage energy better. Take the rest you need to regain your energy so that you can get back to your plan. Most times a lot of people confuse tiredness for failure. After a long days or weeks work with no positive result and all you thinking about is giving up. You may have exhausted all possible ways to work it out all to no avail. Sometimes the answer you seek might not come to you at the moment of exertion. It could come while relaxing. Learn to rest when tired, but don’t quit.
5) Meditate to manifest: Meditation is your moment of creation. Like we said earlier, there are no limits within the mind. You can manifest anything you desire through meditation. If you can see it within your mind, then you can accomplish it. All you need to do is hold onto that vision. Stand firm against negative thoughts and oppositions that tries to uproot your beliefs. Don’t stop believing and working towards your vision until it becomes manifested. This will strengthen your willpower against all odds, making you more confident in approaching life’s challenges.
Thanks for reading.
SEE ALSO: 4 WAYS TO BE MENTALLY STRONG
Thank you Josh.