You are your greatest asset. How you see yourself is very important. If you see yourself in a positive way, full of positive energy, you will attract more favorable things in your life. But if you let fear and negative vibes get the best of you, you will be overwhelmed by how unfavorable life can be. Sometimes you can be your own worst enemy; when you let other people and circumstances define you in a negative way. You are the master of your fate and the captain of your soul. You have the power to decide what controls you and what don’t. You can decide to improve yourself despite the challenges you may be facing. You can aim for the new and improved version of yourself.
Take a look at five (5) practical ways to improve yourself;
1) Free your heart from hatred: Hatred is a sin. It is the very opposite of love. It is the one thing that will always bring you down if you keep harboring it in your heart. It is dark and gloomy full of negative vibes. Most people fill their hearts with hatred because of the insecurities they feel about themselves. The intense dislike is as a result of falling victim to circumstances; letting other people and situations control your feelings and emotions. This leaves you with nothing but hatred for others and also yourself. Love brings confidence. It is the only thing strong enough to eradicate hatred. It is the light at the end of the dark and gloomy tunnel. When you learn to truly love yourself, you will know how to love others. It will cleanse you from all the injustice you have done to yourself.
2) Free your mind from worries: Worrying is the cause of unnecessary pain. It steals your peace of mind leaving you mentally derailed. Don’t let you mind play tricks on you. Let go of the things you keep worrying about. Practice meditation. It will help you let go of the things you can’t change or control and be more mindful of the present; here and now. Worrying prevents us from appreciating the gift of the present. When you learn to take life step by step and be more mindful of the present, you will get to see that nothing in life should deprive you of your peace of mind. You won’t be able to function at you best if you keep worrying about everything. Free your mind from worries.
3) Live simple: Simplicity is the key to brilliance. Don’t try to complicate life with unnecessary matters. The more complicated your life is, the harder it will be for you to live a simple and happy life. Focus only on what’s important. Cultivate simplicity in your relationship with yourself and both with others. It will make life easier for you. You will begin to have a clearer perspective of how life works. This is very important because it will aid you in making positive and productive decisions in every area of your life. Live simple.
4) Give more: It is more honorable to give than to receive. Giving is more than just helping someone get what he needs. When you give, you enrich your soul. You find peace knowing that life is not all about you but about helping other people. You become happier knowing you’ve made someone happy. This gladdens your spirit. If you want to change your life for the better, start by doing to others what you want others to do to you. Give more love, give more care, give more attention, give more support, give and give more until you are completely exhausted. Practice the habit of giving. You will find out how happy and peaceful your life is becoming as each day passes.
5) Expect less: Expectation is the root of all heartache. It hurts more than rejection. Expectation fuels frustration. Sometimes we break our own heart by expecting too much from people. Learn not to blame anyone for disappointing you, blame yourself for expecting too much from them. When you learn to expect less from people and situations, you will have no reason to go through unnecessary pain and heartache. You will live a happy life knowing you are not under any stress or tension from anyone or any situation. Expect less.