If you let your ego get bigger than your love for your partner, the relationship will crumble. Never let your ego stand between you and your partner. Always apologize first, no matter who is wrong or right in the relationship....
You can’t change yesterday but you can do something today that will change tomorrow. Don’t spend time dwelling on the past. The longer you hold onto the past, you put the present on hold thereby making the future a complete mystery. You put yourself on hold of every good thing life has to offer. Every day is another opportunity to experience life’s manifold blessings. You may have had unfair things happen to you in the past, but the depth of your pain is an indication of the height of your future. Don’t worry yourself about the things you can’t change. Focus on the things you can change today that will make tomorrow better.
Take a look at five (5) ways to motivate yourself every single day;
1) Don’t dwell on the past: Whatever happened in the past is gone forever. Don’t compel yourself to live there anymore. Don’t let your past experience ruin your entire life. You won’t truly experience the gift of the present while still stuck in the past. Living in the past will keep you handicap. You can only experience life’s blessings when you are truly grateful for all that have happened in your life; the good, the bad and the ugly situations. They have all shaped you into the person you are today. Learn the lessons and put them to good use by focusing on the present to make the future a better place.
2) Don’t waste time feeling sorry for yourself: Self-pity will do you no good but rather put you in a depressed state. Don’t waste the time that you would have used to effect positive changes to wobble in self-pity. It will do nothing but steal your happiness. You can either keep feeling sorry for yourself or take a positive stance. Take ownership of your mistakes and shortfalls. Take ownership of your problems and take ownership of the solutions that will get those problems solved. Don’t waste time feeling sorry for yourself.
3) Don’t focus on things you can’t control: Your greatest weapon against any mental distress is your ability to choose one thought over another. You have the power to choose what thoughts should occupy your mind. It all begins and ends in your mind. Whatever you give power to, has power over you; if you allow it. Fill your mind with positive thoughts and the things you want manifested in reality. Don’t focus on things you can’t control. If you don’t like something, take away its only power; your attention. Focus only on the things you can control.
4) Don’t let others influence your emotions: Whatever you allow, will always continue. Don’t give anyone the power to influence your emotions. You have the power to decide what influences you. It’s your duty to guard your heart and mind against anyone that influences you to act in a negative way. Anyone or anything that doesn’t give you peace of mind should be completely eradicated. This will give you the opportunity to go after the things that will have a positive and rewarding effect on you. Every day is another opportunity to go after your dreams and desires. Your efforts can only be impeded when you let toxic people influence your emotions. They will discourage you from going after your dreams.
5) Don’t give up after the first failure: Like I always say, failure is part of success. You can never experience true success without a few bumps on the way. Success is more of a journey than a destination. Every successful person knows that there is never really any success without the experience of failure. Failure is simply another opportunity to go after what you want with a better experience. See failure as lessons. Utilize every lesson you learned from failure and try again. This time you have a better experience and will do better than your previous attempt. Keep striving to improve yourself. Don’t give up.
Thanks for reading.
SEE ALSO: 5 WAYS TO STRENGTHEN YOUR WILLPOWER