If you let your ego get bigger than your love for your partner, the relationship will crumble. Never let your ego stand between you and your partner. Always apologize first, no matter who is wrong or right in the relationship....
Your ability to persevere during the storm is a true test of courage. Most times, it is easy for one to get discouraged when faced with daunting situations. The situation could be so troubling that one could easily give in to their worries and fears. Nothing in life is to be feared. The situation may seem intimidating, but not strong enough to break you. If it doesn’t break you, it will definitely make you. Your approach should be towards finding ways to weather the storm. See every challenge as stepping stones to achieve greater height.
Take a look at five (5) ways to develop mental toughness;
1) See things differently: Your mind controls everything. It shows you want it wants you to see. If you don’t like what you see all you have to do is change your mind. Whenever you are in a troubling situation, don’t let negative thoughts cloud your way of thinking. Worrying is a waste of time. Always see the good in your situation. Be positive that it will work out for your good. Don’t let negativity sabotage you mind. When you learn to see things differently, the things you look at with change. See things differently.
2) Be patient with yourself: The trying of your faith worketh patience. Patience is the ability to endure waiting or delay without becoming annoyed or upset when faced with difficulties. It is the ability to keep doing something over long periods of time. It is the ability to stick with something until the very end, despite staggering oppositions. It is the ability to be unswerving or undeterred from your beliefs in the face of obstacles. Don’t get discouraged and give up when faced with difficulties. By being patient with yourself, you develop mental toughness; which enables you stand firm against any difficult challenge in the future.
3) Control yourself: Your level of self-control has a major impact on what you will accomplish in every area of your endeavor. Without self-control you are like a city that is broken down and without walls. Someone who has self-control is like a city fortified with protective walls that deter any invader. He is well guarded against negative influences. He does not just receive anything that comes his way, or accept every word he is told. Your attitude declares your conviction. How you act is a clear proof of what you believe in. No matter the challenge you face in life, do not conform to the situation. Control yourself against any negative opposition.
4) Always forgive: Weak people revenge. Strong people forgive. It is not an easy journey, to get to a place where you forgive people. But it is such a powerful place because it frees you. They might have been unfair to you in the past, but holding unto resentment will only make you bitter. Bitterness blocks blessings. You will not be able to perform your duties and responsibilities at your best when bitterness and resentment keeps clouding your judgment. Let go of that unnecessary burden. You do not need it in your journey. It will only slow your progress. By learning to forgive, you are continually building strength within you.
5) Always be grateful: Life is such a beautiful gift. In it there are manifold blessings waiting to be release and activated. The only way you can attract these gifts is by being grateful. A grateful heart is a magnet for blessings and miracles. The greatest source of happiness is the ability to be grateful at all times. When you are grateful for all that has happened to you, life converts your lessons to blessings. Don’t feel bad whenever you feel discredited. Always be grateful for everything is working out for your good.
Thanks for reading.
SEE ALSO: 4 WAYS TO BE MENTALLY STRONG