Believing is a process of possession. When you believe in something, it settles in your spirit. And then moves from something you believe, to something you know. At that point you know it’s yours. You can’t possess the knowledge of something you don’t believe in. There must be a first mental acceptance of the truth. The truth has to dominate your mind. We shape our world with the knowledge of the truth dominating our mind. Don’t allow false beliefs taint your belief system. Hold fast in that which you believe. What are the dominant thoughts in your mind? Are you winning or losing in your mind? There are various ways to fortify your belief system.
Take a look at five (5) ways to fortify your belief system;
1) Understand your belief system: You must learn to believe in yourself. If you don’t believe in yourself, no one else will. No one can fill that void for you. No one knows you better than you know yourself. The way you are wired to think, believe and respond to events is all part of you. You need to dig deep inside yourself to be able to know and understand how your belief system works. Everyone has rudimentary beliefs and values that works for them. You have to find yours and believe in them. Believe in yourself.
2) Embrace your uniqueness: We are all uniquely different. There is no one else like you. There is no one that thinks the ways you do, believe the way you believe and responds to events the way you do. You possess rare talents, abilities and experiences that shape the way you perceive information. No one can perfectly walk in your shoes without tripping. Embrace your uniqueness. Embrace all the things that make you awesome.
3) Face your fears: Fear is an unpleasant emotion caused by threat, danger or harm. It’s that negative voice that tries to force itself into your mind. Fear sabotages your belief system. It gives you all the reasons not to believe in yourself. Fear comes with a lot of darkness and negative energy, like; depression, tension, heartache, confusion, dilemma, low self-esteem, no faith, no peace etc. It closes all doors to possibilities. In sufficiency, it also creates its own little world in your head, and makes you see life from its angle. And as time goes by, it influences and deprives you of your own freedom to think for yourself. Nothing in life is to be feared, it is only to be understood. Face your fears. Evaluate the things you fear that always makes you uneasy and take precautionary measure to eliminate them. If it is something you can change, then change it. If it is something you can’t change, let it go. Don’t beat yourself up over things you can’t change or control.
4) Magnify your strengths: Magnify your strengths and not your weaknesses. Do and say things that make you feel good about yourself; things that strengthens your believe in yourself. We eventually get what we focus on. So, focus on what you want. Magnify your strengths and the things you believe in. When you consistently work on improving your belief system, it becomes effectual with time. It begins to produce the desired results. Like magic, you start possessing your possessions. Believing is a process of possession. You can’t have it all at once. But, you can possess it bit by bit until you eventually get it all.
5) Count your blessings: Life is a blessing. The moment you start seeing life as a blessing for what it truly is, you start experiencing its blessings. You get what you focus on, so focus on what you what. You don’t really want to focus on how miserable or broken you are. Instead, you want to live a beautiful life full of accomplishments. Count your blessings and be grateful for all that makes you unique and special. Focus on the things you are really great at. Reflect on all your achievements. Make out time to write down all the things you have achieved so far, so that you can keep reminding yourself of your successes. This attitude fortifies your belief system. It empowers you to take charge of all that is meant for you by divine right.
Thanks for reading.
SEE ALSO: 3 PRACTICAL WAYS TO TACKLE ANXIETY