Your Attitude Is Everything

Your Attitude Is Everything

You may not always be responsible for how information gets to you, but you are definitely responsible for what you do with the information. You are responsible for your attitude. The way you act, talk, walk, pose, respond, is entirely up to you. Life is only ten percent (10%) of what happens to you, the remaining ninety percent (90%) is based on your reaction to events about you.

Attitude is the tendency to respond positively or negatively towards a certain idea, object, person or situation. Our feelings, emotions, beliefs influence our attitude. Some people can’t control their attitude because they can’t control their feelings and emotions as a result of the information that gets to them, so they tend to act accordingly. The choices we make today, good or bad all depends on our attitude. The only difference between a good day and a bad day is your attitude. Your attitude is always your choice.

Yes, it is true that you may not always be responsible for how information gets to you. It may not entirely be up to you. But you can choose how you want to act.

Take for example; Mr Stephen, a hardworking man, came home one evening after having a really stressful day at work. He went straight to bed afterwards due to exhaustion. Ten (10) minutes later, he heard a big bang at his door; a loud frightening sound. He jumped up immediately feeling frightened. Getting to the door, he looked through the peephole to see who it was, only to find out his troublesome friend who normally comes to his house to gist with him.

Question: How would you act, trying to take a nap after having a stressful day and someone comes to disturb you? Aggressive? Are you going to send the person right straight to his grave or remain calm?

You reaction afterwards is where the real game is. Do not lose your inner peace for anything even when your whole world seems to upset you. Your attitude defines you.

Life is a continuous game. There are rules guiding the game itself; but the success is decided by the player himself. The rule is in part shaped by the player’s approach and attitude towards the game. Life responds to your reaction towards it. The problem is not where you find yourself at a particular point in time, but how you react to the circumstance you find yourself. Positivity and negativity are both disposition of attitude. Most times, people tend to dispose negative attitude when faced with challenging circumstances. 

We all have different perspectives towards events. Our perspective towards events that surrounds us alters our attitude; our thoughts eventually become the words we do. As humans, we tend to say what we think about. Eventually, our words become action. Our actions prove our true intentions. We recreate our perspective in physical form through our attitude.

Our attitude is a product of our perspective. When faced with challenging circumstance, how do you normally to act? Do you use every stumbling block to your advantage or be disadvantaged by every stumbling block?

YOUR ATTITUDE IS EVERYTHING!!

Thanks for reading.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
7 Comments
Oldest
Newest Most Voted
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
john
3 years ago

I didn't want a surgery but God spoke to me that for me to lead a normal life I had to discipline myself and have a regular exercise schedule. boy status

Simobel Blog
4 years ago

Thanks 🙂

Simobel Blog
4 years ago

Thanks dear

Pretty Cynthia
4 years ago

I love your posts

Unknown
4 years ago

Nice. Keep it up

Simobel Blog
4 years ago

Thanks love

Unknown
4 years ago

Nice one