Happiness is time spent with good friends. True friendship isn’t about whom you have known the longest. It’s about who walked into your life and never left your side for a moment. True friends reveal themselves in difficult times. They don’t leave you when things get rough or nasty. They are those rare ones who come find you in dark places and lead you back to light. They are your ride or die. They are those ones who always get in trouble with you and laughs about it; your partner in crime.
Take a look at five (5) ways to know your partner in crime;
1) They inspire you: True Friends are angels who lift us up when our own wings have trouble remembering how to fly. A true friend will stay by your side in your darkest hour. They don’t leave you in times of despair. They reveal themselves as angels whose primary aim is to get you out of the maze you are in. They always show up in times of need; showing you the light in the tunnel and leading you back to freedom. They will never leave you lonely, sad or depressed. They are inspiration to us.
2) They love you unconditionally: Family is anyone who loves you unconditionally. Love is the key to happiness. It is the foundation on which happiness grows. You can’t truly love someone and not be happy for the person. A friend who is always happy for you shows they genuinely love you. They don’t only love you when the conditions are great with them but also when they are not. Their actions and attitude shows that they will always love and support you in anything you choose to embark on.
3) They always get in trouble with you: Where there is one, there is the other. True friends don’t ever leave you to embark on a dangerous yet adventurous mission alone. They are your ride or die. They are there to enjoy the ride with you. They support all your plans even if it gets you both in trouble. They don’t nag over the mess you’ve both gotten yourselves. Instead they look at each other and burst into laughter.
4) They always cover up for you: True friends are true confidants. They give you all the right reasons to trust and confide in them. They are fully armored, ready to protect and defend your honor at any time or place. They don’t disgrace you or reveal your secrets to others. Whatever you say and do with them stays with them. This is a quality most people earnestly seek to find in friends; someone who is loyal enough to protect their honor and forgive their shortcomings.
5) They build your confidence: True friends build confidence in us. They make us do things that we are afraid to do. They are in it for the experience, so they drag you along. You find yourself engaging in things you once feared. They make us understand that nothing is to be feared only to be understood; no risk no reward. As confidence is built in doing the things you fear, fear diminishes. True friends empower us to take action with confidence.
Thanks for reading.