No one wants to be in a relationship with an inconsistent partner who is one day here and the next day somewhere else. It shows that they don’t have respect for your feelings and emotions. When you truly love someone, their happiness is all you desire. They automatically become your top priority. You always want to put them first in anything you do. This gives them the assurance that you can always be relied on. It builds the respect they have for you. This attitude keeps them by your side. It gives them every reason to stick with you. There are several ways to keep your partner in the relationship.
Take a look at five (5) ways to keep your partner in the relationship;
1) Consistency: Consistency is everything. Like we said earlier, no one wants to be in a relationship with an inconsistent partner who is one day here and the next day somewhere else. This makes you more insecure in the relationship. It keeps you off balance; making you indecisive about your stay in the relationship; whether to keep holding on or let them go. It is toxic to be in a relationship with someone who always find a way to bring you down both mentally and emotionally. Consistency makes the relationship stable. It gives your partner every reason to trust your words and actions.
2) Trust: Trust is very important in a relationship. It takes years to build and only seconds to break. Without trust, it is impossible to move forward with your partner. There will always be loopholes in the relationship when you don’t completely trust your partner. You will always have every reason to judge them when they come home late at night with no solid explanation about their whereabouts. A trustworthy partner won’t give you any reason not to trust them. They value the relationship more than anything so they try not to jeopardize it. When you are trustworthy, it will keep your partner in the relationship.
3) Respect: Respect is reciprocal. It is earned. You don’t forcefully demand to be respected. You show respect and if received well, it will be returned to you in the same manner. A respectful partner won’t judge or criticize you when you make a mistake or do something wrong. They know that no one is entirely perfect and we all make mistakes. Someone who loves and respects you, appreciates you for who you are without trying to change you to their perfect ideal. This is the kind of attitude that builds the respect your partner has for you. They respect you for not judging or condemning them but choosing to see the beauty in them. This will always keep them in the relationship.
4) Forgive: To err is human, to forgive is divine. Love prospers when a fault has been forgiven. Forgiveness is the best form of love. Forgiveness renews and restores the relationship. Your willingness to forgive your partner when they hurt you, shows that you love them beyond their faults and imperfections. You don’t judge or condemn them when they do something wrong, instead you forgive and encourage them to do better next time. This attitude will always encourage them to do better next time. It builds their self-esteem and confidence, making them strive to be better version of themselves.
5) Grateful: A grateful partner always shows appreciation for the love and effort you put in the relationship. They appreciate you for everything you have done and still doing for them. When you are always grateful for the ones in your life, good things start happening to you. It makes your partner always want to do things that makes you happy just to let you know how important you are to them. No one likes an ingrate who always make you feel like you are impossible to love. It will make you feel like you are wasting your time in the relationship. Always be grateful for your partner. It will keep them in the relationship.
Thanks for reading.
SEE ALSO: 5 SIGNS TO KNOW ITS FAKE LOVE