Happiness is not something you pursue. You need to make up your mind to be happy on purpose. When your mind is made up, happiness follows after. You are only as happy as you make up your mind to be. No matter the situation you find yourself, always remember that happiness is always your choice to make. You can make the most of a dire situation by choosing not to get upset or frustrated. Make happiness your topmost priority. When you are happy with yourself, you will be able to get things done more efficiently. Always be happy even when things don’t go the way you plan. The greatest source of happiness is the ability to be grateful at all times.
Take a look at eight (8) simple rules to be happy in life;
1) Love yourself: You are the temple. You are beautifully and wonderfully made. There is no one else in the world like you. Learn to love yourself. Perfect the love you have for yourself. Perfect love casts out fear; insecurities and imperfections. When you love yourself just the way you are, you become one with yourself; free from insecurities; free from flaws and imperfections. Don’t try to be anyone else. Be happy with the life you have been given and try to make the most of it. Love yourself.
2) Love one another: We all need love. No matter how evil some people can be sometimes, they still desire to be loved. You will find true happiness when you show love to someone that’s feeling down or upset. Knowing you are the reason they feel a lot better will make you happy and feeling accomplished. True happiness comes when you help others. Do things for them that they can’t do for themselves. You become happy by making others happy.
3) Never hate: Love what loves you but never hate what hates you. Hate is too big a burden to bear. It will exhaust you mentally and emotionally. Even when someone intentionally do things to get you angry, don’t hate them. The best thing you can do for yourself at that moment is be kind to them. When you hate them you automatically become angry and unhappy. Hate steals your peace and happiness. It drains your energy. You can’t be truly happy when you harbor hatred in your heart. Free yourself from hate. Never hate anyone.
4) Always forgive: To err is human and to forgive is divine. We all make mistakes and sometimes fall short of doing the right things. No human is entirely perfect. Whenever someone offends you, always remember that they are only human. Don’t try to judge or condemn them; but rather forgive them. Forgive their shortcomings. When you learn to forgive, you become happier and at peace with yourself. Anything that costs you your peace is too expensive. Let it go. Forgive.
5) Worry less: Free yourself from the things always bringing you down. Don’t worry yourself about the things you can’t change or control. You can’t control everything. The beauty of life is having the freedom to let go of the things you can’t change or control. The moment you choose to let go, you find peace within you. There is absolutely no limitation within the mind. You can make up your mind to be happy and free from any mental constraint. You won’t be happy and able to live the kind of life you want if you keep worrying about everything. Stop worrying and start living your best life.
See: 3 Ways to Stop Worrying About Everything
6) Expect less: Expectation is the root of all heartache. Sometimes we create our own heartbreaks through expectation. The best way to avoid disappointment is not expecting anything from anyone. When you start expecting less from people, you become free and happy. Happy that you didn’t put all hopes on someone just to get them shattered. Always remember that no one is entirely perfect. You could get disappointed by someone you thought wouldn’t disappoint you. This could make you angry and upset. You can avoid all these dramas by expecting less from them.
7) Always be grateful: The greatest source of happiness is the ability to be grateful at all times. When you start appreciating the little things in life, life gives you its best offerings. It gives you happiness and peace of mind. A grateful heart is a magnet for blessings. You become happier when you are always grateful for all that you have, even when you do not always get what you want. Always be grateful for everything that has happened in your life. The good, the bad and the ugly. For they have all shaped you into the person you are today.
8) Smile more: Use your smile to change the world but don’t let the world change your smile. No matter the situation you face, always smile. Smiling shows that you are happy. It makes you more approachable. Whenever you see someone without a smile, give them yours. It will not only make them happy, but also make you happy. There is love when you smile. It can cheer up anyone that was once feeling unhappy. Always smile 😊
Thanks for reading.
SEE ALSO: 4 WAYS TO START LIVING YOUR BEST LIFE