You could be in a relationship with your partner for years without them making any serious commitment for marriage. Before taking the big step towards marriage, most people like to take their time to assess qualities in their partner to determine if they are the right person for them or not. No one wants to spend the rest of their life unhappy. Marriage is a lifetime commitment you make to your partner to be there for them for better or worse. In some part of the world, divorce is not an option. This usually scares people into making no serious commitment, for the fear of making the wrong decision knowing that once married, there is no turning back. The right person will give you all the right reasons to spend the rest of your life with them.
Take a look at five (5) reasons most relationships make it to marriage;
1) Compatibility: It’s easy to live with someone you are compatible with. No one wants to spend the rest of their life with a partner that always instigates conflicts. Spending everyday fighting and quarreling with your partner will make you always unhappy and depressed. Compatibility is key to ensure a lasting relationship with your partner. Before marriage, it is important to find out if you are compatible with your partner. If so, I see no reason why you shouldn’t spend the rest of your life with them.
2) Patience: How often do you burst out when your partner annoys you? Do you exercise patience with them when you are being misunderstood? Patience is practical proof of love. Learn to always be patient with your partner. When you know how lengthy the love journey is, you wouldn’t mind a few road bumps on the way. Marriage is all about patience; patience before marriage, patience when expecting a baby, patience when going through challenges in the marriage etc. A successful marriage not only tell tales of its prosperity, but also the down times and challenges both partners had to endure.
3) Freedom to communicate: Communication is key ingredient to ensure most relationships make it to marriage. When you have the freedom to communicate with your partner about everything that goes on in your life, you have reached a sensitive level in your relationship. You feel the urge to talk to them every time you think of them; you want to share stories about the things that goes on at work with them. Freedom to communicate as best friends. A partner who always listens to your long tales and always supports your opinions is the perfect match for you.
4) Satisfaction: A partner who is satisfied with all you have to offer in the relationship obviously want you and nothing else. They could care less if you had the world to offer to them or not. Most relationships never make it to marriage because one or both partners wasn’t satisfied with the other, and so they gave up. Marriage is full of ups and downs; sometimes it might be sweet and rosy and other times rough. It takes a partner who wants nothing but you to see through the storm. A partner who is completely satisfied whether you have it all or not, is the kind of partner you should spend the rest of your life with.
5) For better or worse: Like earlier said, marriage is a lifetime commitment you make to your partner to be there for them for better or worse; when married, there is no going back. You are stuck with your partner for richer or poorer, in sickness and in health as long as you both shall live. There will surely be challenges that will arise that could shake the relationship. But these challenges do not present themselves to wither the relationship. They only appear for the purpose of strengthening the relationship. As long as you are together, you can both get through anything.
Thanks for reading.
SEE ALSO: 5 WORDS OF ADVICE FOR MARRIED COUPLES