True love is like fine wine. It gets sweeter with time. The bond you share with your partner should be strong enough to stand the test of time. You don’t just stop loving someone. You either always will or you never did in the first place. No relationship is perfect. We only get the perfect one for us. The search for perfection in a relationship only takes one further away from contentment. Contentment with your partner makes you look past all their flaws and be totally satisfied with all their seeming imperfections. Time refines relationships like fine wine.
Take a look at five (5) reasons your relationship will stand the test of time;
1) Love: Love is the essence of our very being, for we are all founded on love. If there is anything better than being loved, it is showing love. Most times, people believe that love is best appreciated when it is returned in the same manner. That is not wrong, but not totally right either. Love is best expressed when you love without expectations. That is true love. You should be more about giving love than receiving. Always be willing at any time to put your partner first. When you always put your partner first before anything, it gives them the impression that they will always come first in your life before anything else. They begin to see you as a selfless lover who will always put them first. This makes you so important to them. This will keep them by your side through the peaks and troughs of the relationship.
2) Contentment: No relationship is perfect. Just like every other relationships, there are good times and bad times. The good times makes us grateful for the ones in our life. The bad times refines us; teaches us lessons that will be helpful to us in the nearest future. Often times, couple falls out of love when things get tough in the relationship. They get uncomfortable with the current state of the relationship. When the journey gets tough, the tough gets going. True love stands the test of time; for true love is not defined by time. Contentment with your partner destroys the insecurities that develop with time. It makes you look past all their flaws and be totally satisfied with all their seeming imperfections. Contentment with your partner will always stand the test of time. Be content with your partner.
3) Compromise: No one is perfect. We all make mistakes. Often times in a relationship, the unwillingness to compromise with your partner after a misunderstanding takes the both of you a step apart from each other. Nothing holds a couple back more than holding on to past resentment and grudges. It is difficult for a couple to fully move on when they keep relieving those hurtful moments. Most times, the best solution to go through those trying times is the willingness to compromise with your partner. It prevents further scandalous circumstances from occurring. Be willing to compromise with your partner at any time.
4) Loyalty: Your loyalty to your partner shows how much you love and respect your partner. Good relationships take work. There are times when the loyalty you have for your partner will be tested. Those times pushes one to the edge, but not over the cliff. These times are meant to refine the relationship. It helps purify the relationship of insecurities. Making them value the love they both share together. Always remain loyal to your partner not only during the good and happy times, but also when things don’t go as planned. True loyalty stands the test of time.
5) Grateful: As time goes on, you will look back and be grateful that you have someone who is fully prepared to stick with you through the ups and downs of the relationship. The journey refines us. It purifies our character; making us a better person. It teaches us better ways to treat our partner. The journey makes us grateful and happy. Always be grateful for the ones in your life.
Thanks for reading.
SEE ALSO: 4 THINGS TO DO FOR PEACE TO REIGN IN A RELATIONSHIP