It not an easy decision to make when choosing a partner to settle down with. Lots of people have made numerous mistakes when it comes to choice of partner and this usually ends up costing them a lot. As they will say, a broken relationship is better than a broken marriage. So before you walk down the aisle with the supposed woman of your dreams, take note of these simple signs below that she would make a good wife for you.
1. Honesty: It is not advisable to settle down with someone you suspect or believe to be dishonest. Your wife-to-be should be trustworthy and you should be able and ready to vouch for her every action. A relationship that is not built on trust will definitely die. No relationship can breathe without trust.
2. Respectful: Respect for one another is the key to character and strength. Respect for the person you intend to spend the rest of your life with is even more crucial. She should show respect to you, even when she completely disagrees with you. There are simple ways a woman can respectfully share her views that would make her man want to listen. She should not look down on you or exchange voice with you anytime disagreement comes up. You should always be able to count on her respect at anytime.
3. Maturity: You know the saying; maturity is not always about age? Being in a marriage takes a certain level of maturity that not many women out there has. She should be able to know how to act and behave like an adult, know how to solve problems without being dramatic.
4. Supportive: Any man who wishes to reach his potential while being married should make sure he marries a woman who is supportive. He should be with someone who completely understands his dreams and goals. He should be sure to be with a partner who is his number one fan, who would always take his side any day.
5. Secure: A secure woman is one who will make a good wife. An insecure woman would find it hard to be secure in her marriage. She would end up listening to friends and seeking their opinion on almost every issue, because she is always unsure of her man and of that of her marriage. It is okay for her to seek advice, but when she is insecure, she finds it hard to make the right decisions for her family without bringing in outsiders; that would definitely bear forth problems.
6. Realistic: Almost every woman, as young girls, often dream of the perfect man, who would provide the perfect mansion, make beautiful children and a lifetime of fairy-tale perfection. But we all know life is not always fair and sweet. Nothing and no one is completely perfect. Those are just fairy-tales. Do make sure the woman you want to get married to understand that imperfections are just part of life; and, just because everything is not always rosy and beautiful, do not mean it is less of a good thing.
7. Nurturing: Everyone likes the feeling of being taken care of. The woman you choose to spend the rest of your life with should have good nurturing qualities and also enjoy taking care of you. She should make you feel loved and cherished. She should be aware of things that make you feel good and attempt to do them from time to time.
8. Beautiful (inside and out): It does not matter if your woman is not the most beautiful girl in the world. All that matters is that you think she is most beautiful to you. You need to feel some form of physical attraction to the woman you plan on getting married to, otherwise, you would not be content with her. You should also look deep for her inner beauty; her strength, character and other attributes that makes her beautiful when her physical beauty is no more, for they will stand the test of time.
9. Humble: Understanding that what you do and how you act has a direct effect on your partner, is what being married is all about. You should not feel too proud or feel too big to do certain things, regardless of whether or not you did them when you were single. If you have any reservation about some things, then you should make them known without making the other person feel like they do not matter.
10. Loves You: This should be the first thing you look out for when choosing a partner to settle down with, but its reserved for last because, no matter how much the woman of your dreams fulfills all the above requirements, the marriage will still not last long if she does not love you. A woman who really loves you will always make you feel good on a bad day, always make you feel like a real man, and will stay with you during the test of time.
Thanks for reading.
SEE ALSO: WHAT MOST MEN LOOK FOR WHEN SEEKING FOR A WIFE MATERIAL