If you let your ego get bigger than your love for your partner, the relationship will crumble. Never let your ego stand between you and your partner. Always apologize first, no matter who is wrong or right in the relationship....
When your partner is no longer comfortable doing things you both used to do together, it means something is deficient in the relationship. This could result to them telling lies and keeping secrets from you. Without effective communication in the relationship, you won’t understand your partner well enough. You can’t relate when they are happy or sad or tell the reason behind their silence. You become insensitive to their feelings and emotions. Don’t stop doing the things you normally do with them at the start of the relationship; like buying nice gifts on your ways home from work, sending romantic text messages in between the day and other lovely things you used to do with your partner. Those are the very things that made them fall in love with you in the first place.
Take a look at eight (8) behaviors that ruin relationships;
1) Lack of communication: Like we said earlier, when there is no effective ground for communicating with your partner, they could easily fall out of love. When you begin a new relationship with your partner, there is usually abundance of sharing. You find it exciting to talk to your partner about anything. Most times, you find out that the energy you put into a new relationship is usually the reason your partner chooses to ride along. They fall in love with the excitement of being in love with you. But, when you stop doing those things you normally do with them, boredom sets in. Lack of communication will ruin your relationship with your partner. Improve on your communication skills. Keep them in love.
2) Dishonesty: Honesty is the highest form of intimacy. It is the foundation of trust. No one likes it when they are being lied to. One lie can taint a million truths. If you tell a lie to your partner once and they find out the truth, it could make them doubt all the truths you have ever told them. Honesty is the highest form of respect. Respect your partner enough to always tell them the truth. When you are always honest with your partner, they will have every reason to trust you. They will trust you with their deepest secrets because they know you would do the same. Dishonesty will ruin everything you have built with your partner.
3) Disrespect: Respect is reciprocal. If you truly respect your partner, they won’t have any reason to disrespect you. You have to earn their respect first. Don’t demand to be respected. If you are fond of disrespecting your partner, they will always find a reason to avoid you. When your partner starts avoiding you, it means they don’t value you anymore like they used to. It could result to them giving excuses just to stay away from you. It is toxic to be in a relationship with someone that has no respect for you. They won’t only disrespect you at home but also publicly. Disrespect for your partner will ruin your relationship with them. Always treat your partner with respect, for it will make them respect and value you.
4) Unfaithfulness: Nothing ruins relationships faster than an unfaithful partner who sleeps around with others outside their relationship. Unfaithfulness is the highest form of betrayal. No one will tolerate unfaithfulness in their relationship. When you are committed to someone, don’t get involved in sexual activities with others. Don’t cheat on someone you want a future with. Doing so means you have absolutely no regard for them. If so, then let them go and be with someone that truly deserves them. Always be faithful to your partner; in their presence and also in their absence.
5) Inconsistency: Consistency is everything. When you are always there for your partner when they need you, they will have every reason to trust you. They trust that you won’t one day disappear when they need you the most. No one will want to be in a relationship with someone who is one day with you and the next day somewhere else. Inconsistency weakens your relationship with your partner. Every relationship has its ups and downs. There will be times when it will be all sweet and rosy and also when it will taste a little bitter and sour. When you are always there for your partner during both times, it makes them trust you with all their heart. No one appreciates an inconsistent partner. If you want a stable relationship with your partner, be consistent. It will make them always stay with you.
6) Insatiable hunger: If you are the type that is never satisfied with who you have, then you shouldn’t be in a relationship with a good and loyal partner. Your insatiable hunger will make you seek for perfection outside your relationship. If you are truly satisfied with your partner, you won’t go around looking for all the things your partner doesn’t have in someone else. You will be completely satisfied with all they have to offer in the relationship. Your insatiable hunger will make you lose your partner to your quest for perfection. At some point they will get fed up with your infidelity and leave the relationship for good. This will ruin the relationship beyond repairs. Don’t wait before it’s too late. Quench your hunger for perfection and be satisfied with your partner.
7) Inability to forgive: No relationship is entirely perfect. We all have flaws and imperfections. These seeming imperfections are what makes us unique. Unwillingness to forgive your partner when they make a mistake or do something wrong will make them avoid you. They become scared to make a mistake because you always condemn them rather than correct them. To err is human and to forgive is divine. Always be willing to forgive your partners misdemeanor. Correct them with love rather than harsh criticism. It will make them willing to learn and do better. Your inability to forgive your partner could ruin your relationship with them. They would rather be with someone that corrects them than judge them. Always forgive.
8) Always ungrateful: It is easier to be with someone who always appreciates you than discredits you. No one will want to be in a relationship with an ungrateful partner who always find fault in everything you do. When you are aware of how much someone means to you, you appreciate them. You express gratitude for everything they do. When you are always grateful, it makes them want to do more. It comforts them knowing their efforts are being appreciated. Being ungrateful to your partner will make them fed up in the relationship. Always be grateful to your partner. Don’t forget to buy nice gifts for them just to let them know how important they are to you.
Thanks for reading.
SEE ALSO: 5 WAYS TO RESTORE YOUR RELATIONSHIP